Monday, May 3, 2010

words to move forward by


Day Clear - Approximately 500 Words

What an insanely crazy week! I don't even really know where to begin.

Overall, school is getting a little tiring. May 11 is my last day and I have 4 assignments left to go. It's not really that much, it just seems to be taking a lot of time. May 27 is James' last day. I cannot wait for him to be done. It is a blessing to be allowed in his classroom everyday. I will just be able to get more done when four hours a day is not spent out. I'll try to explain. I am a person strictly dictated by how I start my day. If I get up early and start working I get a ton done. If I get up early and leave, when I get home I get nothing done. And finally, if I get up and start reading a book, my day is gone before I realize that I have not left the couch. I try hard to not allow myself that last one. Long story short, Monday, Tuesday, and part of Friday were all devoted to me completing this degree.

Wednesday...I thought this was going to be my miserable day for the week. I was wrong. On Wednesday, I had that one yearly doctor checkup that all women know they need, but spend the entire year hoping there was a way to avoid. After volunteering all morning and three hours spent between the doctor's office and pharmacy, I still managed to come home and write a couple pages. Sadly, this is the only 'writing' I completed this week.

That just leaves Thursday, the rest of Friday, and this weekend. I'll put it out there now that Thursday is my one night a week to indulge in TV. I love Bones, Supernatural, and Vampire Diaries. Sadly, I'm always one week behind on VD because it and Bones are on at the same time. Friday night is also family night. We eat pizza in the living room while watching movies. This week James helped make homemade pizza and we watched Where the Wild Thing Are. It should have stayed only a book.

And now for my bad day(s)...Just thinking about it is disgusting. I live in Tennessee. My basement started flooding Saturday. My wonderful husband and I have been working almost nonstop to minimize damage. Right now, it looks like our efforts have paid off, but we will not know for sure until Monday night when trash has been hauled off and the flooring is up. We were lucky, though, and I send my prayers to the families dealing with so much more.

Any unaccounted for time was surely spent wrangling my monkey or trying, and failing, to keep my house clean. As always, feel free to harass me for whatever it is next week that tries to keep me from writing. I need it after the travesty that was last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment