Monday, May 17, 2010

words to move forward by


Day Clear - 1,300 Words

Sent request material from FTOD to super agent!








So, yet again I'm feeling pretty pathetic. In the last two weeks I have only managed to write about 1300 words in one of my projects. In my defense, we did spend a lot of time cleaning up flood damage in the basement. Then I had even more time go towards catching up laundry from the mess. All in all, these are just excuses.

Since accountability here on this blog is not working as well as expected, I have developed a schedule for the next two weeks to get more done. (After that I will have to make a new schedule because James will be officially done with public school.) I swore this blog would solve my procrastination issues. When I had my wonderful friend Marie begging for a new chapter each week, I could deliver. Now that we no longer live ten minutes from each other, or even the same state, I am struggling to find motivation for my self. Again I say, as I have before in my blog, feel free to harass me to keep writing.

I love to write but rarely allow myself 'me' time to do it. Since I am not a paid author, it is still a pleasure in my life instead of a job. One day I will be able to write guilt free. Until that day, I will simply do it anyway. The guilt is self imposed and I plan to eliminate it. Through sheer will, if necessary. This is my guilty pleasure, and I plan on making it more pleasure and less guilt.

Anyone else deal with this? I would gladly take suggestions on how to deal with it.

2 comments:

  1. I just want to point out I wrote zero words in the last two weeks.. :) You are my hero and I can't wait to hear what the agent has to say about your book!!!! Accountability is what I need for eating & exercising purposes. Just not sure I could track all that on the blog...so I just go on & on about us. LOL. For me it is a venting thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too sweet. If I remember correctly, you may not have written any words, but you did launch the website to your new business --with a newborn, might I add. So you are my hero, because I need work on publicity skills.

    ReplyDelete