Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Van Alen Legacy

4/5 Books (Stars Don't Seem Right)

Now that I have finally finished classes (at least for now), I finally have time to catch up on some of the reading that I feel I have been getting behind on. One of the books I finished reading this week was the fourth installment of Melissa De La Cruz's Blue Blood series, The Van Alen Legacy.

I enjoy following Schuyler, Oliver, Bliss, Aphrodite, and a host of other characters from the initial discovery of their true ancestry through the overwhelming trials since. While the main plot for the series revolves around Schuyler's half blood status and how she fits into the world, a connection is made with many of the other characters as well.

In this latest installment, Schuyler and Oliver are on the run, literally for their lives. Bliss is dealing with a personality disorder from out of this world. And finally, a softer, more responsible Aphrodite is temporarily revealed. Overall, The Van Alen Legacy was as expected. I enjoyed the read enough to stay up far to late into the night to finish it. A word of caution to those easily confused. The multiple names for different characters (and the historical stories that pull them all together) are crucial to the story but occasionally difficult to keep straight in this installment as more characters are introduced.

2 comments: