Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Job

I initially started this blog to keep me on track writing my books. Frankly put, I'm far to random for it to stay that way. And so, here begins the first of many odd misadventures that seem to find their way into my life.

Over the last few months Justin and I have decided to home school our monkey man, James. (Though he often informs us that is a gross miscalculation, and we should call him ape because he doesn't have a tail.... 5 year olds...sigh) Anyway, we have searched out our choice curriculum and started converting the office into a school room. James is a little nervous about the idea because he is sure he will miss his friends from Pre-K. He completely forgets them when we remind him he will get to start Taekwondo when he turns six. He also wants to learn to play the guitar, and we have discussed starting lessons for him when we start home schooling.

I explain all this only to show the complete irony in my job endeavors. Last fall I put in a few applications with the schools on post. I was going to go back to work when James first started school. I heard absolutely nothing back from any of the application submissions. Because we moved in December/January and I had to drive James back and forth to the military post for school, I began volunteering each day at the school. In the last few days, I have been offered a job. Twice! What's a girl to do?

Ultimately, I have kindly declined. My son comes first, and my husband and I do not want him in public school for many reasons. The money would be nice, but is not necessary. I am blessed that my husband has a job that completely provides for us. And should something change, the vice principal, who is in charge of hiring for the school, told me to come see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment