Thursday, April 22, 2010

Just Getting Started

So, I've decided I'm a bit behind the times. I love to write, and what better way and place than here is there? The road for a writer is a long and winding one. I've learned that patience and determination are the only things that will get me where I want to be.... Well, that and to just keep plugging along on this broken-in keyboard. The shiny groove left on the space bar where my thumb is placed calls to me. Daily. I must say that I'm excited and nervous both to be sitting here. First time and all! It brings back awful memories of Jr. High Band recitals. I didn't always want to be a writer. I even started college with the intent to be a math teacher. It's too bad I hadn't learned earlier that I hate math. So many other authors say in interviews that they knew from a young age it was their dream to write. My passion simply fell into my lap one day, mostly in the form of an early-life-crisis. At least that is what I am calling it. I began truly writing just before I turned 25. Don't ask me why it was that birthday that scared me, I haven't a clue. Underneath all the craziness going on in my own life, a story started to unfold. I was going to write it, even if no other soul ever saw it. Still now, few have read it. I'm good with that. I do laugh at the wit and eccentricities I find in many other YA authors out there. I would feel lucky to call myself among them one day. Sadly, wit is not my specialty, though eccentric is completely within the realm of possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment