Sunday, June 6, 2010

Busy...Lazy...You Decide

Well, laziness has taken over once again.  It's not like I have been doing nothing.  I've just not had much time to write, or blog, or even really spend much time on FB.  Truly, I have been running around like a crazy chicken with its head cut off.  I had this misconception that school (for James and me) would get out, and I would have all this free time.  Yeah, it just doesn't seem to have come.

For starters, I have this odd inability to tell people NO!  Because I don't 'work', so many think I just don't have anything better to do with my time than help them with their problems.  While this is partially true, and it is also true that I love to help people, I seem to get myself in over my head.  Some projects I love...others, not so much.

One of my favorite projects was the cakes I made for my husband's unit BBQ.  They turned out pretty good, though I am clearly no professional. 

I also had the chance to edit about 40k words of a first novel by a sweetie I've known for a few years.  She is a teen with huge potential and great future ahead of her.  Keep pushing forward Marie!  This was an absolute blast for me.  Besides, she was the motivation that pushed me so hard to get book #1 finished.  I can still remember her asking weekly for the next chapter. 

I have one more project left.  I thought it would be the easiest of any I have taken on, but it has been a bit of a nightmare.  Nothing major or anything, I just can't get margin measurements correct for it.  Oh well.  Anyway, once it is done, I'm out of excuses.  I will start pushing out a minimum chapter a week, or I will never meet my self-imposed deadline.  

I say that they are all excuses because I still managed to read two books (in the same series).  Of which, I will put a post of what I thought hopefully tomorrow.  Either way, I will definetely get an update to my running 'words to move forward by' section.  I started this blog for some accountability, and I can't have it if I don't actually put up my numbers.

Anyone else have any summer projects already done or coming up?

2 comments:

  1. Ha! You would have still finished book 1 without me. It might have taken a bit longer though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like forever! You know you kept me going. And I love ya for it.

    ReplyDelete