Friday, July 9, 2010

Hot Local Vacation Spots

Summer is finally in full swing!

With Nashville, and most of the surrounding area recovering from flood damage, my family has been looking for alternative outings on the weekends. The weather is way to beautiful to just sit inside all day. I thought it would be fun to put up a couple of the cheesy (yet so much fun) places we have been this summer.


1. Lost River Cave - Bowling Green, KY
Too much fun. How many people get to say they took a boat ride through a cave? I know I didn't care that the water was only about three feet deep. There are also some pretty hiking trails around the cave.

2. Cooter's Place - Nashville, TN
After driving by Cooter's four times, we realized it wasn't a funny little restaurant to eat at, but rather a museum dedicated to the Dukes of Hazzard. My husband was like a kid in a candy store. I know he'll have a picture of himself standing by the General Lee on Facebook any day now.

While I'm here, I have to give a big shout out to Ft. Campbell for there wonderful fireworks display. We had a blast at the carnival. My only regret is that we missed the parachute team.

Anyone been to any great spots this summer not normally found on the map?

No comments:

Post a Comment